Since you've connected your Originals, Limited Editions and Panel Art pieces to your Open Editions, you're ready to start working on your home page. Art Storefronts suggests that you set you home page up to be a gallery of subject matter categories. Basically, you want to make it as easy as possible for your customers to find what they're looking for. If you need more information on how to do this, check out the article How To: Make your Home Page a Gallery of Subject Matter Categories.
If you’re someone who is selling originals, limited editions, or panel art on your site, the chances are you have a print available of that image.
To try and make things more streamlined for you and your customers, you can connect your Originals, Limited Editions and Panel Art to their matching print in your Warehouse. This allows you to display them on the live website all on one page as opposed to having the same image show up several different times. This cuts back on clutter and makes the site and buying experience feel much more professional and put together.
- Login to your Site Manager, scroll down the page and select your Art Print Store. This will be named Warehouse by default.
- On the next page, select the tab labeled CATEGORIES & PRODUCTS.
- Now you can find the image that you want to connect an Original, Limited Edition or Panel Art to It should have a small button labeled Edit that you need to click on.
- Once Edit has been clicked a new page will load up and it’s going to show you the information for the chosen image. Here, you need to find a tab labeled CONNECTED PRODUCTS and you’ll want to click on it. This is the place where we’re going to be able to connect standard products to an open edition.
- On the Connected Products tab, you’ll see three more tabs. We’ll list them out below and what they’re used for. You’ll want to select the correct tab based on the type of product you want to connect to your open edition:
Original Art- This is where you’ll want to connect Originals to your Open Edition
Limited Edition- This is where you’ll want to connect your Limited Edition to your Open Edition
Polyptych Art- This is where you’ll want to connect your Panel Art to your Open Edition
- On each of those three tabs, there will be a section called Find Product. In that section, begin typing the name of the Original, Limited Edition or Polyptych Art piece that you want to connect.
Please Note: You must do this on the right tab for each product type. So, for instance, if you want to connect a Limited Edition to an Open Edition, you need to make sure you’re on the tab labeled Limited Edition.
- An image and the item name should appear with a button marked CONNECT next to it. If it’s the right image, go ahead and click on CONNECT.
Please Note: You must do this on the right tab for each product type. So, for instance, if you want to connect a Limited Edition to an Open Edition, you need to make sure you’re on the tab labeled Limited Edition
- A pop-up will appear asking if you’re sure that you want to connect the product to your Open Edition. Click Ok.
- After you’ve connected any necessary product to your Open Edition, click the Save. DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. If you click back, you’ll lose your work and must start again.
- Return to the top of the page and click on the Store Name. It appears directly before where it says ART PRINT PRODUCT.
- Click on the tab labeled INFO. We going to head over to the information section of the store, so we can choose which product (Open Edition, Original, Etc.) we would like to display first.
- Scroll down the page until you find a section titled Display Which Product Type by Default and, from the drop-down menu, select the appropriate product type.
- Scroll down and click the Save to ensure you don’t lose your work.
- The product I’m trying to connect isn’t appearing for me to select it.
- First, you need to look at the tabs and make sure that you’re on the right tab. If it’s an Original, select the Original tab. For Limited Editions, select the Limited Editions tab. For Panel Art, select the Polyptych Art tab.
- If you’re sure you’ve selected the proper tab, open your Originals Warehouse and click on the product. Make sure you actually created it properly. You can look at the top of the page, next to where it says Originals Warehouse and it will tell you the type of product. If it’s incorrect, you need to recreate the item with the correct product type.
- My page won’t save properly.
- You may need to use an approved browser. If you’re using anything other than Firefox or Chrome, you should stop and use either Chrome or Firefox.
- If you’re using an approved browser, you may need to clear your cache. Check out how to clear the cache by using the article on How To: Clear your Cache.
- The type of product I want to show first isn’t appearing properly on the live site.
- You need to select which type of product to display first. Scroll back up and start at step 11. If you still have problems, email firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I do next?
Since you've connected your Originals, Limited Editions and Panel Art pieces to your Open Editions, you're ready to start working on your home page. Art Storefronts suggests that you set your homepage up to be a gallery of subject matter categories. Basically, you want to make it as easy as possible for your customers to find what they're looking for. If you need more information on how to do this, check out the article How To: Make your Home Page a Gallery of Subject Matter Categories.