As a business owner who is selling online, you’re going to want to gather as many leads as possible. This is something every business does, including Art Storefronts. By gathering leads, you are creating a pool of potential customers for yourself to whom you can market and entice with things like coupons, sales or even free print contests.
One of the best ways to send those romance emails and gather leads is by using MailChimp. Art Storefronts allows you to integrate with MailChimp and use it in conjunction with your Lead Capture Tool. The lead capture tool will gather emails from potential customers and if you set MailChimp up properly, you’ll be able to automatically transfer those email addresses to a list in MailChimp and then, later, you can send them romance emails.
After you create your MailChimp account, you’ll need to integrate the MailChimp account to your Art Storefronts account. This is required in order to begin syncing your contacts.
Integrate MailChimp with Art Storefronts
- Navigate to mailchimp.com and log in to your MailChimp account. If you don’t have one, you’re going to need to create one. Please, use this support article to walk you through the process: Create A MailChimp Account
- Once you’re logged in, in the upper right-hand corner, you should see a section that says your name and the name of your Company. You need to click on this, so it will show you a drop-down menu.
- When the drop-down menu appears, click on the section titled Account.
- Within Account, locate and click on the tab labeled Extra.
- In the drop-down, click on the section titled API Keys.
- Scroll down the new page that appeared and click on the button labeled Create a Key.
- An API Key will be created for you. Highlight and copy the key. You will be pasting this key into your Art Storefronts platform.
- In another browser tab, open your Art Storefronts website. Use the Jump To drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner of the page and select Integrations.
- Once the next page loads, click on the tab titled EXTERNAL ACCOUNTS. This will give us access to the MailChimp Api Key.
- Paste the key you copied earlier into the field labeled Api Key.
- After you have pasted in the Api Key, you can click the button titled UPDATE. This is going to save the page and integrate Art Storefronts and MailChimp together. Moving forward, this means the contacts that are gathered from any of your form pages can be sent to a list within MailChimp.
- My page won’t save.
- You likely need to use an approved browser. If you’re using anything other than Firefox or Chrome, you should stop and use either Chrome or Firefox.
- If you’re using an approved browser, you may need to clear your cache. Check out how to clear the cache by using the article on How To: Clear your Cache.
What do I do next?
Since you’ve integrated Art Storefronts with MailChimp, you should now set up the master list which will be used to store your contacts from your site. To set this up please read this article: How To: Set Up and Manage a Mailchimp Master List.