As a business owner, it is going to be important for you to gather contact information from your potential customers. When you gather this information you basically now have a way to reach out and romance and market to these people on a regular basis. They have invited you into their email inbox and that is a valuable position to be in.
To facilitate this process, Art Storefronts allows its customers to integrate their sites with MailChimp. By linking Art Storefronts to MailChimp you can transfer captured email addresses from ASF to a list in MailChimp without having to do anything but the initial set up of MailChimp and the Lead Capture tool.
This support article will walk you through the process of creating a MailChimp account. Please note: once you have finished the steps here, go back to the MailChimp Master Article to move onto the next step in the set-up process. This article only covers how to create the MailChimp account, not how to connect the account to Art Storefronts.
- Let's head over to www.MailChimp.com to create a free account.
- Enter in the Email Address. This can be a personal or business email address. The customer will not see this information.
- Create a Username for the account.
- Create a Password for the account. Please, follow the character requirements.
5. Once all the details are added, click on the blue button labeled "Get Started!".
6. Now, you will need to check your email for a confirmation email to verify your new MailChimp account.
7. Locate the email with the subject "Activate Your MailChimp Account" and click on the blue button labeled "Activate Account".
8. A new browser tab will appear. Click on the blue button labeled "I'm Not A Robot" to confirm that you are indeed a human.
9. You'll need to complete the reCAPTCHA to prove you're not a robot then click "Verify".
10. From here, you will see the three steps into finishing your registration. The first step is choosing your plan. Select your preferred plan then click on Complete
11. Now it's time to add your business details; beginning with your First Name.
12. Enter in your Last Name.
13. Once both fields have been completed, you will have access to the blue button labeled "Continue" to move onto the next step.
14. Add your Business Name. This can be your gallery/studio name or your artist name. Many artists use their own names as their brand name. You're not required to have a gallery/studio name.
15. Add your ASF Website URL. The website URL will need to be verified later with a code that we will attach to your ASF site at this address. If you use your custom domain in this field, the code will not verify your website. Please, be sure to use your ASF subdomain.
16. Whenever both fields are filled in, click on the blue button labeled "Continue" to move to the next step.
17. The next step is your Business Address. This will not be visible to the customers unless you manually at it to the marketing emails.
18. Once all the address fields have been completed, click on the blue button labeled "Continue" to move onto the next steps.
19. Do you have a list of email subscribers you have received before coming to Art Storefronts?
20. If the answer is YES, use the drop-down menu to select how many email subscribers you have. This will give MailChimp more information about what type of plan you will need.
21. If the answer is NO, you don't have to select any further information. MailChimp will help you build an email subscriber list. No worries!
22. If you're not sure, select "I'm not sure..." and choose the reason you are unsure in the drop-down menu. This will allow MailChimp to give you the proper information to help you determine whether you have a list of subscribers or not.
23. Once you have selected the answer, click on the blue button labeled "Continue" to move to the next steps.
I'm going to select "YES" for my answer to save us time in creating the account. Many artists using Art Storefronts have at least a small amount of email subscribers. Even if that's only 10 email address. 10 email addresses are better than none!
24. Connect your Social Media accounts to your MailChimp. You have the option to connect Facebook and Twitter.
This is not a requirement. You can skip to the next step if you don't want to connect your social media accounts or do not have any to connect.
25. Once you are ready, click on the blue button labeled "Continue" to move onto the next step.
26. MailChimp requests that you answer a few quick and brief questions regarding your business so they can gain a better understanding of who you are and what you do. These are not required. You can skip these questions by clicking on "Not right now" and move down to step 30 in this support article.
27. The first question asks if you make money off the content on your site. You would answer "YES" to this question since you will be selling artwork on your website.
28. The second question asks if you support bookings, ticket sales or appointments online. You would answer "YES" to this question. This is an online art gallery. Your customers are still able to place orders through your site when speaking with you in person. Art Storefronts provides a central area for you to keep track of everything within the software.
29. The third question asks if you want to talk to people to talk to one-on-one. Since you might want to send marketing materials customized to specific people, you would answer "YES"
30. The fourth question asks if you want to make money off the content on your site. This answer is YES since Art Storefronts platform is an e-commerce site will vary.
31. The fifth question asks if your customers interact with your business using a software or app. The answer to this is YES since we are providing a service to buy products online via a website.
32. The sixth question asks how you measure success on the site. The answer will vary based on your own personal goal. Simply select the answer that best represents your primary goal and/or source of revenue.
33. Once you have answered the sixth question, click on the blue button labeled "Continue" to move to the next step.
34. Now that you have created your MailChimp account. Click on the blue button labeled "Start Using MailChimp" to go into your Dashboard.
Congrats! You are in your MailChimp dashboard. Now, it's time to begin the next steps: integrating MailChimp into your Art Storefronts account. Please follow this article to walk you through the next process: Integrate MailChimp and Art Storefronts
Please Note: We advise that you should have the audience's "Send Welcome Email" turned off. This way, MailChimp does not send out a mass email when one uploads new contacts. Additionally, if this flag is set as ON, Mailchimp will send out an email having the wrong name sent out to them. To turn off this feature:
1. Click on your Audience
2. Please find the Manage Audience Drop Down menu and click on Settings
3. Choose the "Audience name and defaults" link
4. Here you'll find a couple of options. Please ensure that the "" option us NOT checked: