What is an Order Bump?
An Order Bump is an offer that is presented to the customers just before they finalize their order, directly on the checkout page. The Order Bump product is simply added to their existing cart and made into an order after they complete their purchase. All that the customer has to do, to purchase this additional product is consider the offer and click one button to buy it.
Important: Excluding Order Bumps from Future Promotions
If you choose to offer your Order Bump item at a discount, be aware the item will be further discounted by any coupon codes your buyers use in the future.
To prevent this, you just need to exclude your Order Bump Store from all coupon codes. Learn how in this article
How To Create An Order Bump Product?
An Order Bump Product can be any Art Print Product from an Art Print Store or any Standard Product from your Standard Store.
- Setting up an Art Print Product as an Order Bump
We recommend setting up an Art Print Product as your Order Bump, because any Order Bump sales you make will be automatically fulfilled by your vendor, and it will require the least involvement on your part.
- Setting up a Standard Product as an Order Bump
When you set up a Standard Product as an Order Bump, for anyone who buys the Order Bump product, you will be responsible of fulfilling the order.
If this is a piece that is in your possession, maybe you have it in your art studio, you would simply fulfill send it directly to your customer.
Setting up an Art Print Product as an Order Bump
1) Using the Jump to Menu, navigate to the Revenue Boosters Page
2) Once there, make sure that you are on the Bump Section tab. Find the Product that you want to offer as an Order Bump Product by typing in the name of the product and clicking Find
3) Select the product from the results by clicking on the button Choose
4) Now that you have chosen a products, you will see a list of available options for that product. These options are set by your vendor.
First, you will need to make sure that you are on the Medium tab. Here you can choose the medium for your Order Bump Art Print Product. For the purpose of this demo, we've chosen Lustre Photo Paper, but this can be whichever medium you want it to be. We recommend choosing your best selling medium.
Please note: Since Greeting Cards require your customer to enter a message, they can not be used for Order Bumps
5) Next, click on the Size tab and chose a size. For the purpose of this demo, we've chosen size 12x8
6) Next, click on the Styles tab and chose a style. For the purpose of this tutorial, we've chosen a simple Just the Print - Borderless style.
7) Next, click on the blue Save button at the bottom right corner of your screen. If you miss to click on save, you will not be able to proceed to the next step.
8) Now that you've selected the product options, we can move on to the setting the price of the Order Bump product. Right below the selected product options you will see the regular Price of this item (production cost of the vendor + the markup you've set in the art print store). However, since the Order Bump product is an time limited offer you will be offering to your buyers, you will want to offer the order bump product at a discounted price. To discount this product, use the 'Price Override - Discounted Price For Bump Section' field
Note: The Price You Put Here Does NOT Affect The Vendor Price Of This Product. The vendor will charge you exactly what the production cost is.
For the purpose of this demo, we are going to put in a Price Override of $9.5, which discounts the regular price of this product by more then 30% :
9) Next, review the default Lead content, to and make sure your happy with what will be written in the offer in the checkout. We recommend leaving the default text here. The [Product Name] will automatically show the name of the product you connected as the Order Bump.
10) Next, you need to Enable the Order Bump by making sure that the toggle is set to Yes:
11) As the last step, make sure to click on the blue Save button in the bottom right corner of your screen. If you do not click Save, you will lose all the work you did on this page so far.
If you check your live site by adding a random product in your cart and going to the checkout (Regular or Instant), you should see a page that looks like this:
Setting up a Standard Product as an Order Bump
Here we will show you how to create a Standard Product and use it as an Order Bump in your Checkout Funnel.
1) While in your Site Manager, click on +ADD PAGE to create a new, dedicated Standard Store.
2) Select the Store (i.e. Art Print Store, Standard Store, Live Art Show Store) option, and click on CREATE
3) Select the Standard Store option, and click on CREATE
4) Now that we have created a new dedicated store, we can create an Order Bump Product. Click on + Add Product to start creating a product you will use as your order bump offer
5) For the Type of Product make sure you select the Standard Product. If you select any other product type other then Standard Product, you will not be able to use this product as an Order Bump, and you will need to create the Order Bump product again. Then, type in the Name of the product and click Save at the bottom right corner.
6) Add the image of the product by clicking on + Add Photos button and selecting a photo of the order bump product.
Note: only the first image you add to the product photos will be the one that is displayed as the product preview on the left side of the Order Bump page. If there are additional images you need to show, you can add those to the Short Description.
7) Next, make sure that the Quantity is set high, as it will ensure that new visitors can purchase it as long as the product is in stock. By default it will be set to an optimal value of 1000.
8) Next, you will add a short description of the piece you are offering.
Note: if you would like to show the original price crossed out next to the new Order bump price, you will need to add that here, in the Short Description of the product.
9) Next, add the Price of the Order Bump Product. Keep in mind that the price you add here, will be the product price that will be offered in the Order Bump section of the checkout page. There will not be an additional discount that is applied to this price, so this price should already be your discounted price.
Example: You normally sell this item for $520, but as an Order bump you want to offer it for only $240. You would put $240 as the Price of the Order bump product. For additional marketing impact, in the Short description you could add the original price of $520 as crossed out next to the new price of $240.
IMPORTANT: The price of the shipping for the Order bump product should be included in the price of the item. On the Order Bump Page, there will be no other shipping costs for the Order bump product.
10) Make sure that 'Include in Shipping Price Calculation' is set to NO. Instead, bake in the cost of the shipping into the cost of the Order Bump Product.
11) In order for this to function correctly you will need to make sure your shipping methods have a "0" weight option or "0" cart subtotal option with a $0 price associated with it, depending on which method your shipping method uses to calculate the costs. To do so, navigate to your Shipping Methods
12) Open the shipping method you have set up on your website.
13) Scroll down to the Amount by Cart Subtotal (or Amount by Cart Weight, if this is the way you have set up your shipping costs)
14) Add a "0" weight option or "0" cart subtotal option with a $0 price associated with it, depending on which method your shipping method uses to calculate the costs:
15) Repeat steps 11) and 12) for any shipping methods you have set up on your website.
16) Using the Jump to Menu, navigate to the Revenue Boosters Page:
17) Let's Find the Product that we just created in the steps above. Type in the name of the Order Bump Product and click Find
18) Select the product from the results by clicking on the button Choose
19) Next, let's edit the Lead Content. This is the content that will be added to the very top of your Order Bump section on the Checkout page. By default, this field will be populated with the following text:
Yes! Add [Product Name] to my order!
Calculate the discount % (or $ amount) that you applied to the price of the Order Bump Product, any edit the default content to reflect your offer. Also edit the Product Name to the name of your Order Bump Product.
20) In order for your buyers to able to select your Order Bump product on the Checkout page, you will need to Enable the Order Bump by making sure that the Enabled? toggle is set to YES.
30) To Preview this Order Bump product you need to create a Cart on your site and it will be visible on Instant Checkout sliding cart or on the Checkout page.